Sunday, March 6, 2011

Atmosphere

I have not been to any resorts outside of Utah, and i cant say that i have been to all the resorts in Utah.This year I got my pass to Brighton, and have not regretted it at all. Last year I had a pass to the bird which was cool. Its interesting how different the atmosphere is at Brighton compared to snowbird. Snowbird has a lot of hotels, more mountain, and that seems to bring a lot more tourists. Brighton seems to attract a lot more locals. Nightboarding is awesome, and there are a lot more tree runs as a pose to snowbird. Its hard to compare the two resorts because they are so different. I bet this is how it is for a lot of other resorts.

1 comment:

  1. Brighton is my favourite resort in Utah. When I first started, I went to the Canyons because of the discount they gave to Honor roll students in middle school. Now I don't really like to go to the Canyons because of how crowded the mountain is. The snow isn't the same either. However, the Canyons have renovated a lot over the years and they have some of the nicest facilities. Two winters ago, I went to Sapporo, Japan to go snowboarding. It was amazing to see and experience how the snowboarding culture is a worldwide phenomenon. The way people dress on the slopes in Japan are more playful, bright and young compared to the dress I've seen on the slopes in Utah. There is a lot more snow in Sapporo than I've ever seen in Utah and overall, I just loved the boarding experience I was able to have abroad.

    ReplyDelete